On 4th Dec 2010 GILLO's Theatre Wing completed one year. In the past 12 months we have focussed on theatre activities with and for children, trying to keep a balance between both.
Some of what we have done in the past year:
- Theatre Workshops for 4 to 6 year olds
- Saturday Drama Club for 6 to 12 year old children (ongoing)
- Produced a Hindi play SUAR CHALA SPACE KO (for children between 5-12 yrs) and performed almost 20 shows in 4 cities (Mumbai, Bangalore, New Delhi, Pune)
- Staged short performances at the Akshara School Mela and the Prithvi Summertime Mela.
- Expanded our theatre group to 25 members that include actors, directors, writers, designers and others.
- Conducted weekly workshop sessions and training for our group members in aspects like mime, dance and movement, acting, puppetry, etc.